FIle History: Element not found when clean up old files since 2004/20H2

M

Morku

Hi,

this request is similiar to File History: Element Not Found Error on Windows 10 May 2004

Other then he say, an In-place Upgrade did not solve the issue (did from 2004 to 20H2).

I am using file history since it was introduced in Windows 8 and it was always working as expected until 2004 arrived.

This is my configuration:

• I am using a networkdrive connected with SMB, so the path to backup is \\diskstation\Sicherung ASRock
  • The NAS is is a Synology Diskstation DS218+
  • my settings are to backup every 1 hour (does work) and clean up files obsolote files automatically after 1 month (does not work anymore)
  • I am only backup folders from my D: drive (not the userfiles in the Default settings)

So since file history does not delete files older than 1 month, when I want clean it manually, I get the "Element not found" error.

Troubleshooting steps:

• I stoped and enabled file history -> same issue
  • I deleted the file history files and start again -> same issue
  • I also delete all file history backup files and also reseted the file history with the help of that: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/54999-reset-file-history-default-windows-10-a.html -> same issue
  • Today I did the In-Place upgrade. I used the official 20H2 MVS ISO file, started again a new file history from beginning and tried the option again -> but it's the same issue

So when we can expect a fix here?

No, I can't use the Feedback Hub, because it force me to enable Telemtry.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom