BSOD-Critical Process Died

V

Vennelaganti

Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble with my desktop computer running Windows 10.

Specifications:

Motherboard- Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz(Currently Overclocked to 3.25GHz)

GPU 0- Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB(Overclocked~75%)

GPU 1- Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset

RAM- 4GB @800MHz(Overclocked to 900MHz) DDR2

HDD 0- Seagate Barracuda 5400 RPM 2TB(Windows)

HDD 1- Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB

As you can see, all the minimum requirements have been passed and a chance of incompatibility is ruled out.

A few days back i turned on the computer only to be greeted by a laggy cursor and a totally unresponsive desktop

I forcefully shut the computer down and rebooted it.....And the my great loop started.

Everything was normal until Windows hit the Sign-In screen

Once signed in, my wallpaper and accent colour started flashing abnormally...I thought my screen was being refreshed and patiently waited for a while.....After 15 minutes also, it was the same flickering screen and therefore I used the key combination CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to launch task manager....After approximately 10 sec I was greeted by my nightmare....This Critical Process Died BSOD.....This has not been resolved by a restart and I realised that this was a loop.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Restart- Did not work

2. Tried System Restore via Recovery Environment- No restore points created

3. Tried Command Prompt via Recovery Environment( sfc/ scannow)- "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

4. Tried Startup Repair- Did not work

5. Tried Advanced Startup Options(Safe Mode/Safe Mode with Networking/Safe Mode with Command Prompt)- All of these loop into Automatic Repair which prompts me to turn off or try other options

6. Removed the HDD, inserted it into a casing and connected it to another PC to run "chkdsk /f /r"- Resolved a few million errors on the drive

7. Defragmented and Optimized the drive- No Use

8. Tried to Sign-In from a backup user- No use

I can not reinstall windows/reset windows. Re-installing all applications again is painful labor

This is very bad when you consider that unlike majority of the users, I have purchased a genuine copy of windows. I do not expect my system to be blazing fast given its age but I do expect it to work when I need it to do so.... These are the problems customers who buy genuine copies face....No doubt people pirate windows....This is maybe the 17th time I am facing an error.....Previously I have re-installed Windows 10: 8 times

The trust we invest when shelling out hard earned money on this has absolutely stabbed us in the back.

Computers were created to make our lives easy but with every passing day and more dependence on computers has just made my life even tougher......I am really disappointed.....Definitely not going for windows ever again....

This community is my last hope.

Thanks

Continue reading...