BSOD after idle - subsequent failure to start PC - error code 0xc0000001

F

Ferdi Loo

Hi, I previously reported a very similar PC issue (PC freezes after being left idle for a few hours, then failed to start PC power, ultimately system-restored and reinstalled Windows) which was resolved in September 2020, but apparently, not thoroughly. Please see this previous report here.

Just yesterday, on October 21, the problem reoccurred - to provide more perspective, I left my PC idle for some hours for downloading files, and when I return it froze and did not respond to any keyboard/mouse commands. I force restarted my computer by pressing the power button, and it failed to start for a couple of times, exactly like the problem I previously reported in September in this thread.

After a few failed attempts to start the PC, I finally managed to start it but it shows a BSOD screen reading:

Recovery

Your PC couldn't turn off properly
The operating system on your PC failed to turn off properly and needs to be repaired.
Error code: 0xc0000001
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation medic (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

I have observed that for both the September failure and the new October failure, the "cause" or "trigger" was that I left my PC idle for several hours. I left the PC on working on downloading files. I was previously told by your colleague that this might be a problem caused by the incompatibility of my Motherboard (ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Micro-ATX) with Windows updates; however, I was unable to identify the particular Windows update which caused the incompatibility. Separately, I read online that a solution may be to disable C-states and EIST from BIOS.

Could you please help with this? This problem has been recurring for a while and I want to solve it once and for all. Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom