My Windows 7 default program(s) aren't working, even when going to the Default Programs Settings and manually changing which programs open up which.

Y

YuukoKagami

My Windows 7 default program(s) aren't working, even when going to the Default Programs Settings and manually changing which programs open up which.

I'd initially was trying to open up the Windows Microsoft Games that I'd taken from the family computer, since I wanted to try them out on my internet-less computer.

I realize that they won't work on my computer and I attempt to dispose of them, but the default programs on all of my external computer files suddenly became the exact same program, no matter how many times I tried resetting them to my original default program shortcuts.

Shortcuts on my desktop and taskbar suddenly all became the same exact programs each time I tried to open them up again: ie. basic Libraries Windows shortcuts wouldn't open up like usual, Internet Explorer program practically broke the rest of the shortcuts when attempting to open them, since I don't have internet connected to the currently broken computer, and when set as Microsoft Word it'd fail to open something that was designed to be opened up as computer coding and whatnot.

I'm very upset and confused on how to fix this, and even had to go out of my way to create a Microsoft Account to officially ask what I can do to fix the issue.

Even though the Windows Library files and basic Computer Desktop shortcut still work, alongside the Recycling Bin and Computer Panel options, they still open up with the thumbnail as the current default user, alongside Windows Media Player still opening properly and playing videos and music, despite it not being what I'm using to run the program.

If anyone has any advice or assistance on how I can fix my computer, please let me know asap. I'm on the verge of tears while calming my heart attack that my computer is broken for good. Thank you in advance for all of your help. :)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom