Endpoint Configuration Manager aka SCCM does not pull correct versions of cumulative updates (missing windows 10 version 1903)

S

Sean Klein

We use Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) to deploy required patches for Windows 10 workstations. The majority of our workstations are running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1903. When I search MECM Software Library for "2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows", I find expired updates for Windows 10 version 1703, 1709, and 1803. There is nothing available for 1903 or later.

If my categories, products, etc. are getting these expired versions, why would the same settings get supported versions of these patches?

I have attempted to create new Automatic Deployment Rules and adjusted many other settings. These types of settings, however, seem to be downstream of the actual problem. If the patch is not available within my list of all software updates, I would think my Software Update Point site configurations were flawed. My settings include all classifications along include the following product selections:

Windows 10

Windows 10 and later drivers

Windows 10 and later upgrade & servicing drivers

Windows 10 S. version 1903 and later, Servicing Drivers

Windows 10 S. version 1903 and later, Upgrade & Servicing Drivers

Windows 10 version 1903 and later

Windows 10 version 1903 and later, Servicing Drivers

Windows 10 version 1903 and later, Upgrade & Servicing Drivers

What else could I be missing considering that I am able to download and deploy expired versions of the patches I desperately need?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom