My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time

A

apvetter

Hello,

I have been having an interesting issue with my computer. I usually use it between 12:00am and 4:00am, however when I boot my PC and load up applications i.e Discord/Steam games, my PC will usually Bluescreen within 10 minutes. I have gotten several different bluescreens such as KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, etc. This seems to happen once during the boot and then it's fine until the next time I use my PC (the following day). There have been instances where I received a BSOD while restarting, and then immediately after a restart on the login page. Additionally, there was one instance where I needed to reload from a restore point, where luckily I had one from not too long ago. If I was getting 1 or 2 consistent BSOD error codes, I would normally troubleshoot from there, but since there are so many different error codes, I was confused and thought I should reach out to the community. I have tried updating windows and drivers so far. I have a feeling that clean installing may help fix some of my issues, however I have roughly 400gb of games and applications on my SSD and I have poor internet, so redownloading would take awhile (I had to fresh install and redownload all my apps and docs 3 times in the span of a week a couple of months ago and it was torture).

I will leave my specs below, let me know if there are any general fixes/diagnostics that I can look into in order to help me pinpoint this frustrating and puzzling issue.

Thanks!

Specs,

Windows 10x64 v.1909

MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus OC

RAM: Corsair VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB)

I don't know if any other specs are important, but if they are, let me know and I'll be happy to update!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom