Speakers sound tinny with very low volume after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

D

David S. 659

I upgraded my HP 350 G1 notebook computer; product number JP04UT#ABA from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 pro 64 bit, but after the upgrade, my speakers are tinny sounding, and the volume is very low.

I have read a lot of posts on the subject, and followed as many of the steps as I thought would help, but to no avail. Some of the recommendations that were stated I could not follow because it didn't apply in my situation; like right click on the speakers icon in the task bar". I don't have a speaker icon in the task bar.

When I upgraded my HP 4510s notebook computer, I had the same issue, but I solved it soon afterwards from articles I found online. Unfortunately, that was years ago, and I don't remember what I did. I know I bookmarked all information I found on issues with Windows 10, and made a "Windows 10 issues" folder that contained all of the bookmarks, but I can't find the folder now. I am using the same browser I was then, and all my bookmarks are synced, so whatever I bookmarked on the browser on the 4510s is also on the browser on the 350 G1.

These are the steps I have taken so far: I attempted to update the drivers, but the latest drivers were already installed. I used the HP support assistant to search for and repair any issues, but no issues were found. I uninstalled the device, deleting the drivers was not an option. I then restarted the computer, reinstalled the device from the link provided by HP, but they are still tinny. Sound through ear buds is normal, as is the volume, and plugging in external speakers into the ear phone jack produces acceptable sound, given the age of the speakers. I don't mind using the external speakers, but they take up space on my desk that could otherwise be used for something else. Plus, like I said, they're old, and they don't provide as much base as I would like. In addition to that, they distort if they get turned up too much past 1/2 volume.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom