Periodic random micro freezes

A

Amber55021

Hi,

I've been having a problem for a while now with my computer where it hangs for about a second at random intervals-- about once every two or three minutes. Everything displayed on the monitor freezes and any audio that's playing grinds horribly for the duration of the micro freeze. It never lasts longer than a second, but it's really annoying while I'm playing games or listening to music.

These freezes happen regardless of which programs are open or not open and seem unrelated to whatever I'm doing.

This is a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installation, and I've experienced this problem since getting it. All my drivers are up to date. I've heard allowing Windows to select an accent colour based on desktop background can cause this issue, but I have that feature disabled. I've tried a few other tweaks (mostly related to audio options, I think I was on the wrong track) but unfortunately I can't remember them all.

Nothing unusual seems to be happening in performance monitor during these freezes-- a small spike in CPU activity but not more than opening a new tab and loading a website, for example. There's also no way to know if these spikes are related to cause of the freezes or just a symptom of my computer "catching up" after the freeze.

This issue has been frustrating me a lot, if anybody knows the solution to this I'd really appreciate it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom