HELP! - 1909 to 2004 update BSOD on Restart

D

dc16gte

I have read all the threads I can find, but nothing answers my issue. When I upgrade either through Windows Update or manually or with the Windows 10 Update Assistant, everything seems to go well updating from 1909 to 2004 until the time the system reboots. Each time I get a BSOD screen saying "Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled" but with out any error codes or indication as to what caused the system to throw the BSOD and not finish the update.

I have updated all my drivers that I can, especially the NVIDIA graphics card, removed all peripherals except the keyboard and mouse, uninstalled anti malware (especially Malwarebytes), and tried all other suggestions offered online. Nothing has worked as the system throws the BSOD then reverts back to ver 1909 without doing the 2004 update.

I have tried looking in Event Viewer, but nothing there seems to indicate the cause. Is there some error log file that I I could look at to find the cause? If so, where would I find it, as I have looked endlessly to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

My System:

64 bit Windows 10 Education currently ver 1909 with all updates

i5-8600K 3.60 GHz CPU

16.0 GB Dual channel Ram memory

ASUS Z370-P Motherboard

AMI BIOS version 0409

1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Graphics card

1 GB PNY SSD main drive with 600 GB free

Realtek High Def Audio

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom