One day my computer became suddenly slow and the GPU usage it at 100% constantly

D

David_7000

About a week ago my computer suddenly started acting incredibly slow. At first, I thought it was the CPU but after looking in the performance tab in task manager I saw it was my integrated graphics. Before I go further these are the specs of my ASUS TUF FX505 GT

8gb of ddr4 ram

9th generation i5 Intel core

Intel UHD graphics 630 (integrated graphics) (this is the one that seems to be causing the issues)

Nvidia GTX 1650

The problem is that the screen freezes whenever I try anything even something as simple as switching tabs or scrolling down a page. I have tried countless things to fix this and I will list as many as I can remember:

Disabling the card with device manager (which works but barely and I end up getting super low fps in games and I'm also getting some problems with the 1650 too)

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (did absolutely nothing for either card)

Rolling back the drivers and windows (once again did nothing)

Factory resetting my pc (just a waste of time it didn't even seem to reinstall the drivers)

Setting my power setting to max performance

Checking the BIOS

I don't have a clue what is going on but I have three theories:

1. Somehow the actual hardware is broken and that is bad as my pc is a laptop

2. There is another driver that somehow affects it

3. I spent $850 on a potato

In a few days, I'm going to go to Best Buy as maybe they can figure it out. But PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO PLAY CSGO AGAIN WITHOUT 20 FPS!!!

Continue reading...