Unknown folder containing a string of letters and numbers as the folder name.

J

Jacob Rbass

I've been pondering of this file that appeared within the local disk area, it's name is a very strange mix of letters and numbers which makes no sense to me at all. Within the file, is a bunch of Eula files that I, even as an administrator, cannot open. Once I've scouted for the permissions I apparently have full access, while there's a logon session nt authority that's able to read and execute. Aside from that, it contains the following files: globdata.ini, install.exe, install.ini, a bunch of install.res files, vc_red.cab and msi file, and at the very end a vcredist.bmp. Though I'd assume it would be malicious but scanned multiple times with a few anti-virus' and it didn't show up as anything bad. Though that's not the end of the ordeal. At the very top of this selection of files. We have a Program Files(64) in it as well. Containing a Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 file, and within that is a file titled Vc7 leading to another file titled WinSXS, and finally to a file containing AMD64 catalogs, that contain catalogs. Now above all of that, each file was created/edited about 11 years ago, which the file wasn't there until about a month back. I'm at the end of my ropes here in all honesty on if this is bad or not, or if I'm just panicking due to my lack of knowledge.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom