Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in game texture problems.

C

Cristhian.2

Hi,

So i recently upgraded my computer case, power suply and graphics card. I had first upgraded the case and psu and everything seemed normal. Then a week later I finally received my gpu and i installed it. Everything ok until I noticed shadow grid like textures in Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019). I thought “maybe I need to reinstall gpu drivers”. So I used the ddu tool and reintalled latest Nvidia drivers. Same issue. Then in other games, I noticed other anomalies like light showing through objects and walls, which i hadn’t seen before. At that point, I contacted Nvidia support, and they walked me through a series of troubleshooting technics, none that worked. Final suggestions included swaping to another gpu to really see if the issue was really the gpu. So I did, and same issue! Lastly, I reinstalled Windows 10, made sure bios, chipsets, audio, and LAN drivers were updated from manufacturer’s site. Now on top of the in game issues, my desktop background shows visual noise and some pixels with a slightly different color in some parts. I know it’s not the monitor because I have taken many screenshots where the issue is visible for Nvidia to see. Nvidia has concluded it’s not the gpu since the issue persist on both gpus. I don’t know what else I can possibly try. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have a RTX 3080 (also RTX 2060 for troubleshooting), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gb of ddr4 3200 ram, asus prime x570-p motherboard, corsair rm850 gold plus modular power supply. 1TB samsung sata ssd and 250 gb samsung m.2 nvme ssd (where windows is installed). I have also tested ram with windows built in memtest, no reported issues. Windows is fully updated.

Continue reading...