Dual monitors setup keeps resetting everything to the primary display on Windows 10

S

Sesamme

First of all I am not sure the problem is with Windows or NVidia or both, but this issue has been frustrating me for a while and I finally need to find a solution, or in the worst case - who to blame :)

My setup:

PC with i9-9900 3.6GhZ processor, 64Gb RAM

NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Dell P2415Q display connected to a DisplayPort

Wacom Cintiq 22" display connected to the DVI port (primary display)

The problem is that every time I wake up Windows from sleep or restart everything resets to the primary display. It seems that when my Dell display goes to sleep, Windows thinks it is completely disconnected and that there is only one display left. I have tried to reinstall Nvidia drivers several times with different driver versions, tried to "remember windows position" with the Dell Display Manager, tried even to prevent computer form sleeping. Absolutely nothing helps.

I have read somewhere that it's possible to override the EDID signal somehow, but couldn't find how - at least not something simple enough for a user to do.

I also found that many people have this problem and most of them don't have a solution. But I am posting this here again because each hardware setup is different and some solutions that help one don't work on others...

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom