All my files are shown as trying to sync, I think to Onedrive, and I can't stop or change that

K

kenkra

I have Windows 10 for Home. After an auto update on Oct 26, 2020, I found all my files--documents, photos, music, desktop items--were in C:\Users\myname\OneDrive as opposed to where they used to be C:\Users\myname\Documents, which is still listed as the default. Windows won't let me move my files or restore the default, displaying message saying 'Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied.' A few files were already in the onedrive cloud, but for the vast majority, the blue circular arrows appear under status and won't go away. I have turned sync off. Onedrive cloud icon does not appear in my task bar, and I cannot make it appear. I do not have an active Microsoft Office and so can't change defaults there and even if I could I don't see how that would affect the existing files. My onedrive.com acct is 92% full and not getting fuller even though I have thousands of files that are statused as syncing. My computer starting acting 'funny' after the update, slower, some objects reappeared after deletion (though that has now stopped). Our streaming on other devices has had sporadic problems. I would like to get onedrive out of my life and have my files back on my big hard drive, where they used to be.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom