Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem

I

Ironpossum

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with a DW5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE WWAN card for cellular access on my laptop and whenever I connect an ethernet cable to my system (with routes), the cellular immediately turns off. If I remove any routes that use the ethernet connection, the cellular comes back. I am able to get to this minor functionality because I'm leveraging the registry key here:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc]
"IgnoreNonRoutableEthernet"=dword:00000001

The problem is that I have added specific routes to that ethernet connection... it's why I'm using it, but there is no internet to be found on the ethernet network and it's not my default gateway (nor do I want it to be), which is why I need the cellular. Is there another registry key that ignores ALL ethernet?? I'm a network technician and I need to connect to several different networks but I ALSO need internet and the only place I'm getting the internet is from my cellular connection. Help?

To be clear, this is not an issue with network interface priority. This is a feature surrounding the cellular connectivity.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom