Appdata syncing while not on primary computer

C

cocobino

Hi all

I have a puzzling situation here.

I am in the process of migrating from standard roaming profiles to redirected folders. I followed MS guide here Deploy Folder Redirection with Offline FilesDeploy Folder Redirection with Offline Files for folder redirection configuration in allways offline mode with background sync.

At first, I wanted to keep special settings so I left the roaming profiles settings untouched, I simply redirected folders to another dedicated share (as suggested everywhere)

I tested on my own account and computer and everything is fine. Logon times are very low, files are syncing according to the schedule, so everything looks good.

Then I've setup my computer as my primary computer and enabled the gpo settings to only use roaming profiles and redirected folders on primary computers.

I gpudated a test computer that I had and logged on it. At first, everything looked OK, my folders where not redirected and my profiles looked pristine, nothing had roamed. Then I noticed that the sync center badge was syncing something... Very intriguing, since there was nothing to sync here, I thought.

I checked %appdata% and it was rightly pointing to c:\users\me\appdata\roaming. But, to my surprise, in sync center this folder's content was syncing to my redirected folder share, creating a bunch of conflicts there (of course) !

What's happening here ? Why would a normal folder be syncing with a share ?

I believe something is wring and windows thinks this folder is redirected and tries to sync it's offline content to the remote share, but it should not ! What can I do to fix this ?

Thanks for your help !

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom