Black Screen

• Thread starter weirdwackyhyper
  • Start date
W

weirdwackyhyper

Hi everyone,

Recently, I reinstalled Windows onto my PC and have been having problems with intermittent black screens. The problem has only occurred during two cases right now. The first case where it happens is while I am playing a game (7 Days to die), and the second case is while using YouTube. The odd thing is, is that the black screen only occurs when the current image/video segment on-screen is sufficiently dark. I've found that the only time it happens on YouTube is when I am in full screen mode, and the majority of the screen is already a dark color. When that happens, my entire screen goes black. However, I am still able to get audio and the video continues to play. If I hit the Windows key, or exit full screen mode, the black screen goes away. I am also able to reproduce this issue both on Microsoft Edge as well as Chrome. The black screen occurs in the game only under the same circumstances. I have never experienced this error before, and the only change I made when reinstalling was to install it onto an M.2 SSD instead of the HDD the previous version was on, and I installed the "N" version of Windows this time instead of the normal version. Any possible solutions would be much appreciated, as the bug is very annoying. I have already tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling my Graphics Driver, rolling back my graphics driver, connecting to a different port on both my GPU and monitor, changing power management to performance, and making sure that the monitor sleep timer is at the max duration. My specs are as follows:

Windows Pro-N

GPU - Zotac 1660 Super

Motherboard - B450m Pro4

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x

Monitor - Asus VS278 (Connected to GPU via HDMI/DP Cable)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom