Graphics Card Errors, Blue Screens After Sleep

N

NWalker1208

After weeks of testing, swapping parts, and general frustration, I am turning to the community for help. My PC has an issue where roughly half the time that it wakes from sleep, the display will not come on. The keyboard, mouse, and power button do nothing, unless I hold down the power button long enough to force shutdown the computer.

After rebooting, the Reliability Monitor has shown different errors and blue screens as having occurred as I woke up the computer. I'll include more details about them below, but essentially each one seems to point towards an issue with my graphics card.

Simple enough, I thought. I reinstalled graphics drivers completely several times. I have even reinstalled Windows 10. I have upgraded my SSD, in case my old one was failing. I have swapped out my graphics card (GTX 1060), but am experiencing the same issues with both a GTX 960 as well as a much older Radeon card. I thought the issue could be caused by my power supply, but the Radeon card gets all of its power from the motherboard.

At this point, I can only assume it's a problem with my motherboard, but if at all possible I want to avoid having to replace it. Could it be an issue with the PCIe slot, and how should I test that? Could there be some setting that is causing issues? Please send me any recommendations, I will do my best to provide more information when necessary. I have tried analyzing some memory dumps myself but it is far beyond my skill level, so any help is appreciated!

As a note, I recently pulled my computer out of storage, since I was out of state for about a year. I had removed the coin battery from the motherboard for safety, but I have since replaced it. These issues only started occurring since I got home, and were not a problem before.

PC Specs:

• Motherboard - Asus m5a97 r2.0
  • CPU - AMD FX-6300
  • Memory - 16GB Corsair DDR3-1866
    • Currently running at a lower frequency since my mobo doesn't seem to support it at 1866)
  • Storage - Western Digital 500gb SSD
  • Graphics - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB XTREME
  • Power Supply - EVGA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

The following is a list of the most recent errors that have been thrown and were displayed in the reliability monitor. Most of them occurred while waking from sleep, though I have had just a couple instances of crashes while running games. I cannot recall when those occurred.

Error Codes:

• Computer doesn't wake at all. Motherboard emits a beep sequence that indicates no VGA can be found.
  • Blue Screen Code 0x9f
  • Blue Screen Code 0xea
  • Blue Screen Code 0x3b
  • Blue Screen Code 0x10e
  • Hardware Error (LiveKernelEvent 0x1b8)
  • Hardware Error (LiveKernelEvent 0x193)
  • Hardware Error (LiveKernelEvent 0x141)

I have saved an XML copy of my reliability history report, as well as screenshots of each of the blue screen and hardware error events to OneDrive. View the screenshots for more details. I have also included one of the dump files, unfortunately the rest seem to have been erased: Graphics Errors - OneDrive

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom