Please help: How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?

X

xprt007

Hi there

I have ever asked this => same question here How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings? ... but got no answer that helped then, but need it more urgently than ever, if there is in the meantime a solution.

I mostly access internet via a specific network which uses WPA2-Enterprise/AES security authentication. I got the WLAN log in credentials from a personal I cannot get contact to for a long time.

The problem is that, the credentials were merely typed in for me, and at the time did not write them down. IF it was normal authentication, I know how one can view them in Windows WLAN network settings. That is NOT the case with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security.

When I first asked the question at above link, for some reason Windows would inexplicably ask for re-authentication now & then although for ALL OTHER normal networks, like home WLAN it did not. That is no problem if one has the credentials.

Luckily, for the last year or so, Win 10, has not asked for re-authentication again UNTIL the other day when I installed some regular Win 10 updates. To my horror, then next time I tried going online after re-starting PC at that specific network, I was asked for credentials.

I tried using using restoration point to the time before the update, no luck. I gave up since I had no problem before that update. I tried another restoration point before, since for some reason, Win had apparently created 2 restoration points for that same day BEFORE Update installation and after missing internet for 2 days, I was surprised it worked.

At the time of the previous post, someone suggested using EnterpriseWifiPasswordRecover from Github to access the WLAN credentials BUT ...

it happens to be the software is too complicated to use as it requires compiling it yourself, something I have failed to do.
I tried in the forum to ask for additional help on using the software and the author initially responded, but refused to communicate after that.

So to avoid disasters like this, making me fear installing Windows updates (something I normally have no problem with), does anyone know how to view or access WPA2-Enterprise/AES security credentials (i.e. usermame + password) in Windows 10 so one can at least make a backup? Please remember I'm not asking about about normal non-enterprise WPA2, with which I have no problem with.

I would very much appreciate your urgent help.

Kind regards

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom