You Require Permission From System to Make Changes to this Folder

I

Icks13

Hello,

this is simply an update to a thread I had opened in July 7 2020, which unfortunately didn't get any solution from Microsoft/Windows (thank you), the only participant provided a very long complicated solution that in the end didn't solve the problem, and concluded with "I would recommend you not to delete anything from those folders, those files are used by system and deleting those files may cause issues with your OS."

However because this is my PC and not the PC of Microsoft of Windows, I do whatever I want with it, included delete system files. I told myself I would got back on the problem as soon as possible and because other two people had the same problem, here is the very simple solution I found online:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nMz2pt1HI&ab_channel=troubleshooterrors

2. How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10.

Basically, right click on folder/file -> properties -> security click advanced. Do not try to assign a new ownership, remove all the ownerships one by one and then add yourself, at this point you can delete the annoying file that you couldn't most likely because you didn't have anymore the installer file.
If it is a subfolder, bare in my that the ownership may come as inheritance from the main folder, so you'll need to remove all the inheritance.

Cheers!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom