Black screens and Kernel Power 41

K

Krissu423

Ever since I switched my GPU and PSU from gtx 1060 to rx 5700xt and corsair vs650 to fractal design ion+ 660W platinum I've been having random blackscreens. During the blackscreen everything is unresponsive (no cursor, no sound, pc still on, keyboard still on, no caps lock etc.) and I have to press the reset switch for the PC to restart. Sometimes even the reset switch doesn't work and then I have to switch my PC off from the power supply. Temps are ok- GPU doesn't go above 70C and CPU doesnt go above 50-55C. Nothing is overclocked and yes, the GPU is connected to the psu with both 6+8pin cables running from different ports of the PSU. I have also tried to reseat the gpu, uninstall old drivers in safe mode using DDU then install new fresh ones, used a surge protector, stress tested all my parts with success (crashes seem to be happening randomly, not just under load but when browsing the internet or watching a video too), used pc with side panel open (thought it was overheating, nothing even got hot in the PC, it just crashed), upped the voltage on GPU, underclocked GPU, tried disabling AMD audio drivers to see if that would make a difference.

I'm thinking its a problem with the GPU drivers, not really sure though. Don't want to reinstall windows completely as well.

Also when I first startup the PC when I haven't used it in a while, everything seems to be fine and the crashes don't happen. Then, the first crash happens. I reboot my PC and when I do that, the crashes keep becoming more and more frequent until I shut down my PC completely and let it sit for about 10-20 minutes.

MINIDUMP LOGS: Minidumplogs.rar

Also in event viewer, there's a kernel-power critical error:
- <Event xmlns="

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event

">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-06T15:20:58.132014800Z" />
<EventRecordID>53303</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-R785VHB</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

ALSO one time I crashed while playing FiveM and looking into the FiveM crash logs I found this message:
[ 809453] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ Error: DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

[ 809469] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/
[ 821000] [ DumpServer] 16708/ Process crash captured. Crash dialog content:
[ 821000] [ DumpServer] 16708/ FiveM has encountered an error
[ 821000] [ DumpServer] 16708/ DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

[ 821016] [ DumpServer] 16708/
[ 834391] [ DumpServer] 17492/ DumpServer is active and waiting.

Continue reading...