What are some of the Default folders in my D: drive and should I bother backing them up?

Z

ZD9

My original SSD (C: drive) got bricked a while ago and then I reinstalled windows 10 on a new, larger SSD. However, my HDD data drive (D: drive) was left perfectly intact and I simply reinserted it into my laptop and could access all my old files just fine.

I just wanted to know if I should bother keeping the following folders, because I am not sure whether or not they were connected to the original installation of Windows on the original SSD which was removed, or if I should keep them for the sake of the new SSD with the new installation of Windows 10. (Dunno if it matters, but the original OS was Windows 10 Home, while the new installation is Windows 10 Education)

Some of these folders are completely empty, and others I don't even have access to anymore even as Administrator.

• D:\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization (0 KB)
  • D:\DeliveryOptimization\Cache (2 GB)
  • D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps (0 KB)
  • D:\WindowsApps (0 KB, unable to access)
  • D:\WpSystem (80.0 KB, unable to access subfolders)
  • D:\WUDownloadCache (0 KB)
  • msdia80.dll is another file I found on the root of my D:, should I back it up too?

I should also note I am using robocopy to back up my files to an external drive, which I know isn't a real ~backup~, just a copy. If I were to use an actual backup software like Macrium or whatever, would the above items be essential for the data drive backup?

Thanks for reading!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom