System freeze/hang at idle with no event viewer, WHEA Event ID 1, driver verifier failures

K

KennyAnonymous

Getting random freezes that require pressing the restart button that leave no error in the event viewer. Never happens while gaming or stress testing. If I leave it, event viewer will continue logging errors after the freeze has occured, based on the taskbar clock's frozen time display.

Leaving my computer on overnight, I came back to two WHEA Error ID 1: View: https://i.imgur.com/OrzCmwT.png

Unfortunately it seems the associated .DMP files have been overridden but I've tried to include as many dump files as possible.

edit: I remember when I viewed them for the first time, there was a "ntoskrnl.exe+487a98" which remained in my google history.

Many of them will probably be overclocking errors but I've turned that off (XMP is still on) for the sake of fixing this.

Steps I've taken (stuff I got off googling similar errors):

sfc /scannow

chkdsk /r

Ran malwarebyes

Reinstalled nvidia drivers

Reinstalled realtek audio drivers

Updated bios to November 3 2020

Updated windows

In the process of running memtest86 right now (1 stick and 1 slot complete, 0 errors, haven't done the other one yet)

Ran Driver Verifier - Vanguard seemed to trigger it so I uninstalled that with revo uninstaller (still getting win32kfull.sys BSOD afterwards)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom