How to configure bluetooth headset not to auto-connect

D

David Dinsdale

Greetings

I've got a Bluetooth headset, (jabra t75 elite active) which i almost exclusively use with my phone. On certain Teams/Meets/Zoom calls I'd like to use them with my computer.

Though I don't wish the computer to automatically try to connect to my headset, is there any way for me to disable the auto-connect feature? It wouldn't be a hassle to manually connect them each time.

Just in case you answer, "why not just remove the device and then add it from a blank slate each time?", then I have to say that I've also got a problem with that. I'm not sure if it's the headset or if it's Windows fault. The headset it mainly made for phones so they don't provide support for computers. The problem is that I've on multiple occasions had problems removing the device. The removal failed and thus completely hindered me from using the device on the computer. I've tried most i can think of to fix it, removing & uninstalling Bluetooth, uninstalling the device in regedit, etc...

I see three ways to solve this;

1: Find a way not to connect to the headphones automatically and leave it installed.
2: Find a way to removing the device without
3: Get a new, dedicated, headset for my computer

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom