Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network resource.

W

WScott2787

Hello everyone,

If you're like me Windows 10 is a headache when it comes to sharing drivers from one Windows 10 PC to another.... I ran into the below issue:

1000dad0-49ee-453f-b0a2-5213b5113762?upload=true.png

\\something is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

After several days and doing pretty much EVERYTHING I could find on the internet I found a fix for the issue. I tried disabling password protection, adding windows credentials accounts to both PCs, nothing fixed the issue. Until I did the following:

Right click on start, click run, type in regedit and hit enter. Open up Registry editor and go to the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Change the values on restrictanonymous and restrictanonymoussam to 0 on both PCs and reboot them. This fixed my issue and I was able to access both PCs shared drives.

7e55afa6-7ee4-4eda-9a68-88dfe7e5a841?upload=true.jpg

I just wanted to share this as I seen TONS of people beating their heads against the wall trying to figure out how to get sharing working between two Windows 10 PCs. Hope this helps someone out as this issue drove me nuts for a week straight trying different things non-stop.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom