Is it possible to prevent a usb mouse from waking up my laptop in Windows 10?

R

RickyTimothy

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop, normally I use it on my desk plugged in, with my mouse plugged into it via a USB C to USB A hub. My mouse is pretty sensitive which means that if I close my laptop and leave it, sometimes even a loud sound can move my mouse enough to wake up the lap top even while the lid is closed. I checked over the BIOS, and there is indeed no option to prevent all USB devices from waking up the computer, which is all I had to do to fix this on my desktop PC. I went into power management for my mouse and for my USB hub separately in devices, and in both cases for some reason the option to allow/prevent the device from waking the computer up is actually greyed out completely, unable to be turned on or off.

I asked Dell about this, and they said that "this is a problem with the operating system, just hope that they change this in a future update." I don't believe this is true because they have gotten literally everything else about windows wrong when I've asked them about other things.

Is there anyway to circumvent this issue without having to constantly unplug my usb hub or turn my computer all the way off all the time?

Continue reading...