OneDrive not syncing files but shows "Up to date"

P

PierreFortin1

I recently installed OneDrive and everything worked great. I created a directory junction linking My Documents folder to my OneDrive and the files all updated, the sync was near instant, all of my files had a little blue cloud icon next to them.

Yesterday, I noticed that all of my files in that directory had blue circular arrows indicating "Sync pending". The OneDrive dashboard, however, is showing "Up-to-date".

If I create a new file, it doesn't sync. I need to quit OneDrive and relaunch it. It will then sync all pending changes and then go back to showing "Up-to-date" but it's doing nothing. If I add files or move them in folders other than the junction folder, the sync works normally.

Perhaps this is a coincidence, or perhaps not, but yesterday I upgraded Windows to version 20H2.

I just checked one of our other computers and OneDrive is syncing fine. It's running version 1909.

I don't know if these are related but I'm just pointing it out.

The only other thing I did yesterday was use WMP to connect my Photos and Videos Libraries to a network share. However, neither of those libraries or folders are in my OneDrive path so I don't believe this to be the issue.

Troubleshooting steps so far:

- I reset OneDrive using %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

- Downloaded KB4550945 and tried to install it but it said it was not compatible with my windows version (I believe this patch was for 1909.)

- Discovered I can get things to sync once by quitting and re-launching.

I've attached a screenshot of File Explorer and OneDrive Dashboard for reference.

7223560a-ed45-49f6-8259-06bfae4768d5?upload=true.jpg

I'm at a real loss here. I can't find answers anywhere and would love some assistance. Thank you in advance!

Pierre

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom