Is there any time table on a coming fix for the October/November 2020 Update disaster?

N

Nocternal

I'm running Windows 10, version 2004, build 19041.630

Prior to the October 2020 Update, my PC ran very well. Immediately following that update, my PC started experiencing constant program/app freezing and hanging. The more I used this PC the more it seemed to be fixing it's own issues, though it never fully stopped.

After the November 2020 Update, things really went over the edge of the cliff.

Now I've lost use of headphones and ear buds, my task bar links (which I use religiously), in fact the task bar is just about useless as none of the running program icons are showing up anymore and it freezes up sometimes. At the present moment, the search box is unresponsive as is the Windows start button on the screen. I've noticed another anomaly or two.

I've had to do a hard reboot on this PC no less than five times in the last two weeks, which is far more than I've had to do in the two and a half years I've owned this PC.

This has forced me to do an emergency back up of my personal files, because I'm now worried about the stability of this system and possibly not being able to log back in at some point. Paranoia? Yes, but given the way things have been going since the poisoned updates I think I'm entitled to it.

I've also been searching around for tips on how to alternatively access various Windows 10 functions (IE: how to safely shut down or reboot).

Ultimately with this message, I'm just looking for confirmation that Microsoft is working on a fix for this disaster, and that it will be sent out soon.

This PC is my main PC. My workhorse which I do virtually everything on.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom