"Set time zone automatically" not working

R

RaviPegolo

Hi. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 (OS build 19041.572) on my Samsung laptop.

I set it to change time zone automatically, by right-clicking the clock at the tray, clicking "Adjust date/time" and then turning on "Set time zone automatically", but it never worked. By the way, "Set time automatically" is also turned on.

On the same screen, "Last successful time synchronization" shows today's date, some minutes ago. Seems no problem there.

Some more information: on the services console (services.msc), "Auto Time Zone Updater" (tzautoupdate) shows startup type as "manual". When I open cmd as administrator and type "net start tzautoupdate" and hit enter, it says the service started sucessfully. If I then run "sc query tzautoupdate" it returns state 4 (running). If I repeat this last command after some seconds, it returns state 1 (stopped), with all the exit codes equal to zero.

Oh, by "it never worked" I mean nothing happens. I can set the timezone to whichever I want, and then turn on the automatic time zone update, restart the notebook, connect to a different wi fi network... there's no effect, the timezone I chose remains.

Any ideas?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom