One child has ability to log on as a local user and others don't

M

metar

This is literally driving me crazy. I have 3 children. My 13-year-old recently received a laptop for school and we added his Microsoft profile. For some reason he has the ability to log on either with his Microsoft account profile or "Sign in with a local account instead." This is not a good thing as he can bypass all Microsoft Family controls if he signs on with the local account. He is using Windows 10 Home and there is no way to disable the local user option. As a test, I added my other 2 children's accounts to the laptop so they can sign in. When they log on, they only have the ability to use their Microsoft profile account. There is no link to "Sign in with a local account instead." To further test this scenario, we created two brand new child accounts (under age 13), added them to Microsoft Family Group and then added them to his laptop. Both of the new child accounts also have the ability to "Sign in with a local account instead." We tried a different computer with the same results. The only thing I can think of is that Microsoft child accounts created after a certain date have this ability. My other two children have had the same Microsoft profiles for several years vs. my 13-year-old who created his account some time after the others. So, how the heck do I fix this issue? There is no sense of having a Microsoft Family Safety program if the child can simply log-in as a local user and circumnavigate all their screen limits.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom