Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10

E

ElectronicFog

I have had issues with my touchpad since February when my computer turned off and started installing updates by force. I had managed to more or less correct them until the recent forced installation of updates messed with it again. In order to use the touchpad I have to leave one finger on the pad and move the arrow with a second finger. If I use only one finger the pointer either does not move or it jumps all over the place. Right-click does not work either unless I do this. Scrolling with 2 fingers causes the pointer to jump or the page to scroll the opposite way. 3-finger gestures rarely work. This ridiculous problem has sometimes gone away by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but it always comes back when turning on the computer the next day. The touchpad drivers are up to date.

The spacebar has also been affected by the installation of forced updates. Unless you press down on the middle of the bar it won´t register the command. When typing you usually press the edges of the bar and now this won't work. Just typing this I have had to go back and press the spacebar again about 14 times because the words come out with no space between them.

These issues are so specifically frustrating and all the more so because they come from unwanted updates that were forced upon my computer without my consent. If you are going to continue with this practice at least fix the issues that come with your "updates".

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom