Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.

A

andhikareyhan

NOTE: I may have a lot of issues with my Windows so please bear with me. This is a quite long post as well and I try to detail everything. Any suggestions or solutions would be very helpful and appreciated. If more details are needed, I am more than happy to elaborate further.

So, I usually don't check for a Windows update because I remember setting it to automatically update should there ever be a newer version of Windows 10 available. One day, upon turning on my HP laptop, I saw a battery alert (which most probably is caused by my laptop battery being in a very weak state and I have to change it). This led me to update my BIOS and, while I was at it, try to update some of the HP apps and drivers I have. I remember that I could do this along with a Windows update so I checked it through Settings and this message popped up.

b3f0db7b-ad09-4982-ab6f-446e1a954498?upload=true.jpg

INFO: My Windows 10 is a Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1903, OS build 18362.959

56b1e6a9-9c86-41c3-8152-dca7aebec927?upload=true.jpg

Now of course I directly Googled the error online to try to find a solution.

For the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" problem, I referred to this website: [Solved] Windows 10 Update Failed “Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.”, however,I have not tried Solution 3 and 4 from the website as I have no idea what it would do to my laptop. I have backed up all my personal files so if anything happens when I try these fixes I think I should be alright. Please advise me on whether I should do it or not.

For the error code (0x80080005), I also looked up solutions online and I referred to this website: Update error 0x80080005 on Windows 10 [COMPLETE GUIDE]. I know that there are a lot of solutions offered from the Windows report website and I haven't tried every single one, but again, I have no idea what it would do to my laptop so I figured I'd try asking here first.

- For their first solution (Disable third-party antivirus software), I decided to just temporarily uninstall Avast and AVG. I did read online that there is a problem if I try to update Windows 1903 with Avast and AVG if they are of version 19.5.4444.567 or earlier, but mine was the latest version (20.x.xxxx.xxx, I forgot exactly). Still, after uninstalling, it doesn't seem to be a fix.

- For their second solution, I did run an SFC scan and it showed that it "did not find any integrity violations". For the DISM scan, it just led to another problem (at least that's what I think it is) because I waited for about 2-3 hours and it's just stuck on 62.3%, and no progress is made. The alternative the website offers is to pick a drive where the Windows 10 ISO is mounted (I don't have the slightest clue where) but I skipped it.

I tried Windows update troubleshooter to no avail. I am now stuck and I don't know what to do. I found on Google that Windows 1903 would no longer be supported as of December 8, 2020. Will this in any way affect my Windows?

f2ba3fca-0c1c-43c3-9fe1-ffa01cab2457?upload=true.jpg

My Windows is genuine and I am afraid if I try something it will be corrupted and I'd have to reinstall it. What should I do? Thank you very much as well for any suggestions, I really appreciate it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

NOTE: A few months back I did run into a malware issue, I don't know if this might be the root cause for all this fuss but I thought it'd be important to mention. I don't think the malware is still on my laptop (everything seems to be fine, at least that's what I think).

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom