Update from Windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.1345 to any newer version, including 2004

L

lowerhopworthy

Hi! Copying a good part of honkkongpom's post of June 16, 2019... I have a Lenovo G500 laptop that crashes continually at 48% doing the 2004 update and all other attempts including the 1903 update and every other I have tried.

This is a home office laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 1803 and not connected to a domain although it was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro whilst it was part of a workgroup.

Everything downloads as it should to start the upgrade (apparently) then it continues as described.

It consistently freezes at 48%.

There is a single C partition so nothing out of the ordinary.

The spinning circle stops.

I have left it alone overnight a couple of times but nothing changes.

I have used the Windows 10 update troubleshooter.

I have uninstalled all third party apps with no change (although I have put one or two back on now).

I have done a disk cleanup to clear out left over files.

I have run sfc/scannow and Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth then restarting and retrying ... no luck.

Currently it is on 1803 so has missed the 1809 upgrade, 1903 and, as I commented, all others up to now. I'm a persistent *** thus I haven't posted until now.

I have tried downloading the update through the update option as well as using the media creation tool and Windows 10 Update Assistant. I have tried running the setup from C: as well as a USB drive - no difference.

However with a USB drive plugged in I get the not able to upgrade error message because an external drive is plugged in! So I have tried removing during the moment of rebooting ... but it still doesn't help.

I don't want to do a clean install because that would take me back to Windows 7 just for starters!

I have tried running sfc/scannow
CBS, setuperr and setupact log files can be found at Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files, setuperr.log and Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

The most recent Windows 10 Setup window finished with:-

We couldn't install Windows 10

We've set your pc back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10.

0xC1900101 - 0x30018

The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation.

Anyone else with this issue and managed to fix it please?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom