How do I Undo Accidental Taskbar/ Desktop Changes... When I Don't Even Know What I Changed?

K

KarenLeaW

Sometimes I accidentally change something on my computer and I don't know how to change it back because I don't even know what I changed.

An hour ago, I was working in Windows when a grey task box slid out from the right side of my computer. I don't know what I did to make that task box appear and I wasn't aware of pressing anything on the task box or changing any setting.

As far as I knew, I was just sitting there contemplating how to get that task box to disappear and stop taking up so much of my screen but I guess my cursor glazed over some setting change or my finger accidentally pressed some shortcut.

Instantly, a lot of things changed. My useful task bar (that had tabs/ icons for the programs that I use and go back and forth between multiple times per minute as I research and write/ create) disappeared from the bottom of my screen. In its place, were things I never used like an "ask cortana icon). My desktop also changed.

I have to go through multiple steps to find my programs and files that are open...

I want the task bar, deskstop, and settings that I had an hour ago. They were just right. What appeared in its place is a colossal frustration.

Unfortunately, I have spent most of the past hour trying to figure out how to put things back the way they were and keep dead ending because I don't even know what I changed well enough to enter the proper words in the search window.

Also things are going slower under the current settings.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Continue reading...