Loads of BSODs on a New PC Build

R

Rosinasaur

I have built a new PC and am having so many BSODs every day. I have been troubleshooting for 2 weeks but could really use some help. They mostly happen while watching Youtube on Chrome, but have also happened while using only Skype. They have not happened while gaming. This is a list of BSOD codes I have had.

These ones happened after booting and installing Windows 10 for the first time over a few days.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY mmcs.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

I decided to start fresh and do a fresh install of Windows 10 (again) and still have gotten the below BSODs.

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
KERNAL_LOCK_ENTRY_LEAKED_ON_THREAD_TERMINATION

I have:

Uninstalled RealTek Audio

Run Windows Memory Diagnostic (no problems found)

Used Snappy to update to most recent drivers (only on my first Windows install).

Completed all Windows Updates.

Used Firefox instead of Chrome

Reinstalled Windows 10 with only mandatory peripherals plugged in to minimize number of installed drivers.

Checked CPU temperatures

Run Driver Verifier for a day but instead of having a BSOD, the whole PC would freeze. It didn't tell me what was wrong. I gave up on that.

This is my parts list:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Kingston A400 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card

XFX 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I would really appreciate some help. I'm thinking that perhaps one of my memory sticks is bad or maybe my power supply isn't strong enough (I am reusing it from an old build). PcPartPicker did not indicate that there should be any compatibility issues. Thank you for your help!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom