How do I change my OneDrive to a new one?

S

scrageoftheeast

The OneDrive that I use to store all my files is shared, and on every other device, it appears full.

It also appeared full on my own device until I attempted to solve the problem and created another one for myself.

I was unable to save anything, as the owner of the OneDrive was stubborn in that they did not want to pay for more storage, even though they were the one who encouraged my (and others') usage of the OneDrive.

I moved the folder holding all of my files onto the local computer drive, hoping that I could create a new OneDrive and insert my folder and files there.

When trying to achieve this, I followed instructions on the Microsoft website on how to unlink the OneDrive and how to create another. I was unsure of the specific button pathways to take, as the process repeatedly would not work when pressing specific buttons. I must have done it incorrectly the first time because the alternate Microsoft account I used logged me into the OneDrive I had just unlinked, instead of a new OneDrive.

I now have no trouble with storage, but the same OneDrive synced on the other devices when my large file space was removed, and now I cannot access my folder from any other device, even when logging in online. I am just conscious of backing up my files, as many are vital for my work.

If anyone could help with the specific process that needs to be taken to fix this problem, I would be very grateful.

tl;dr: I want to create a new OneDrive, but last time it didn't work, so I desire each step involved in the process.

Continue reading...