Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor

D

Dfoulk

Hello,

So about a week ago I lost power while I was on my computer. We were able to load it up after the power went out and use it again. We shut down the computer and tried to load it up the next day and we get nothing but a black screen with just a cursor on the screen. I have looked up several different solutions and everything that I have tried does not seem to work. I don't know if there is maybe another underlying issue that I don't see or if I am maybe not doing something right. I have also tried swapping out the ram because I have extras and that isn't the problem and the hard drives are still reading as healthy.

I have also tried shutting it down and leaving it off for a couple days to see if maybe giving it a break would help and by some miracle it would just start back up but that isn't my luck. There are some occasions when I load it up and it tries to repair the C drive and then starts loading and won't go any further than the black screen. It will not let me load it up into safe mode, I can bring up the screen that allows you to select the option for safe mode. I have tried to completely restore the computer and every time it attempts it, it fails shortly after. I have seen options for doing some things in command prompt but none of those work. I'm completely out of ideas.

Does anyone know if anything else that I may not have tried or an idea of what I should look for inside of the computer?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom