Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

T

TomCrane1

Hi, I have two monitors connected to my laptop. One is connected directly to the laptop’s VGA port. The Second one is connected to the USB 3.0 port via a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter. They were working fine before until about two months ago.

Now when I turn on the laptop, the monitor connected via the adapter remains black. When the computer comes out of sleep mode or hibernation it stays black. The laptop’s screen if fine as well as the monitor connected directly to the VGA port.

I have tried several forum suggestions, but no luck whatsoever.

- I’ve reinstalled and reverted the drivers; updated the drivers (FL2000-2.1.33581.0 and FL2000-2.1.34054.0), deleted all driver files and reinstalled, restated computer, have all latest WIN 10 updates.

If I’m not mistaken, this problem could have started after a Windows 10 update. And I can’t pinpoint which update could’ve been the culprit.

The NVIDIA graphics card is updated as well.

The only way I manage to get the display to work is by disabling and enabling either the Fresco Logic IDDCX Adapter in Display adapters, or Fresco Logic FL2000 USB Display Adapter in USB Video Class Device, both located in the Device Manager window. And after several attempts of disabling and enabling them I get lucky and my USB 3.0 to VGA monitor starts working again. I must note that when I disable the Fresco Logic IDDCX Adapter, a small window pops up saying "USB 3.0 VGA Display The device is not compatible with this graphics card driver. Fresco Logic VGA Tray".

2bf30335-7364-4fdd-be74-171b3744395c?upload=true.jpg

Any help in resolving this problem is much appreciated.

My system is an ASUS Notebook G53SW, Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M CUDA 1.5 GB, running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom