Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

Y

Yanbodon

Hello,

I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work.

The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the power button (it is configured to enter sleep mode after button press). Very often the computer wakes up by itself and freezes so there is no option other than hard shut down and reboot. It happens regardless of whether laptop is plugged in or not and often causes the fans to spin at maximum and the device becoming very hot. I have already disabled hybrid sleep, disabled some of the update orchestrator processes, changed power plan options, performed sfc scan, etc. Nothing seems to solve this issue (this makes me want to completely reinstall Windows but I'd really rather not do it).

Also I have observed several issues with CPU usage rising up to 99% when the computer is left idle. I suspected some bitcoin mining malware but ESET full scan shows no infections.

Moreover, often when I try to open a folder in new window with File Explorer, it causes the process to briefly freeze and then shut down completely. Plus I often find it impossible to open Action Center as it simply doesn't respond to clicking it in the corner of the screen. Again, I could not find any infections or corruptions using ESET, SFC. I did however perform a HiJackThis scan and I'm sharing the log file below:

Log File

My setup: Asus N580VD, Intel Core i7-7700HQ with 16GB of RAM, GTX 1050 2GB GPU + Intel HD Graphics 630, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Running Windows 1909 as I could not update to 2004.

I appreciate every input that might help in this situation. Thank you

Continue reading...