My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.

D

Dragon_COhibbs

So a few days ago I unplugged my blue yeti, plugged in my phone and then removed it and plugged my blue yeti back in. I got the little audio red cross and then couldn't hear anything so I went to "Services" and saw that "Windows Audio" was not running, I tried to restart it but it told me that the I did not have access which was strange so I went into properties and changed it to "Local Systems account" and it started running but still no audio although the little red cross was gone. I ran a trouble shooting scan and it said "audio service not responding" so I looked up how to fix that. I tried uninstalling the drives, didn't work. I tried restart "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder", still no sound. I tried a CMD command to scan and fix things but still no sound. I am rather concerned that my sound card is broken or something worse. Please if you can I would love some help to try and fix this, I want my audio back.

Edit: It also says that it "Failed to play test tone" when I tried to fix it that way.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom