Mouse and Keyboard Center interferes with headphone Bluetooth Media Controls

A

akwebb1

I have a pair of Surface Headphones 2 and a Microsoft Precision Bluetooth mouse. Both work fine until I install the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (13.222). Once I install the software the media controls on my Surface Headphones (and other bluetooth headphones) no longer control playback in my desktop music streaming applications (Pandora and Spotify). They do continue to work with Microsoft Edge and the web versions of the streaming services which is not a great option for me. The only way I can get them to work and still be able to configure my mouse buttons with the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center is to manually terminate the itype.exe process after I finish configuring my mouse. This happens on my desktop and 2 laptops. It seems that itype.exe is intercepting the Bluetooth media controls and not forwarding the key presses properly. If I uninstall Mouse and Keyboard Center of course everything goes back to normal but I can no longer customize my mouse. I have talked to support about this and posted in other areas without any response. It happens on every Windows 10 machine I have tried it on and with several different Bluetooth headphones as well. The termination of itype.exe fixes the problem on every machine. Maybe it would work fine if I also had a Microsoft keyboard, but I will not part with my mechanical keyboard. As a veteran software developer, it has become part of me. I would rather replace all of my Microsoft devices and remove the Mouse and Keyboard Center Application which is getting closer to being my solution even though I really like my headphones and mouse.

If there are any ideas on this issue I would love to hear them. Anyone?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom