"Desktop Windows Manager" using 80-100% of GPU in Windows 10

P

Pvyne

This seems to be a somewhat common occurrence with threads being updated for years with no real answer, so I figured it's time to make one for 2020. "Desktop Windows Manager" is using so much GPU when playing games, and if playing a game and on an any kind of web browser, the GPU load increases to 90-100%. I have an i7-8700k, 1080Ti, and 32GB of RAM so it really shouldn't be this difficult to do this. I'm getting massive frame drops, have tried every single possible troubleshooting method I have found on the internet (aside from completely uninstalling and reinstalling Windows). I've tried manually reinstalling drivers, I've bought programs to look for viruses, I've tried to set dwm.exe to low priority, etc. The list goes on.

My theory is that this happened due to a Windows update probably around two weeks ago. I'm going to link below some threads that I've tried and just know that I have tried basically everything everyone has suggested on there. If there is anything else that anyone has in mind, has encountered this before and fixed it, or is currently going through this pain, tell me your stories and we can cry together. My theory is that this happened due to a Windows update probably around two weeks ago.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/8ktvlm/high_gpu_usage_of_desktop_window_manager_client/

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom