Automatically disable various devices in Device Manager and Removal of Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver at login

D

drunkendrummer

Hi

I use my laptop for 2 distinct uses; 1. music production and 2. general leisure/work. Due to performance issues (mostly DCP latency), for music production, I need to disable as many devices in task manager as possible. For this mode I also need to completely uninstall Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver, as this is the main issue for the DCP latency issues when in music mode.

Unfortunately Microsoft appears to have got rid of hardware profiles, which would have sorted the device manager side of this. Does anyone know of an alternative way to select kill devices at startup (or ideally after it has booted) when using the laptop for music rather than having to manually go in and deisable each one in task manager? Ideally this would be an option without using any scripting please. Happy to pay for a decent app that will do this.

With regard to Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver, I can totally disable this for all uses. Is this likely to fry my laptop (I presume there are still processes that will shutdown the laptop if it gets too hot?) Again happy to install software to monitor/alert to high temperatures.

The other alternative to this is a dual boot system (Windows 10 with Windows 10). This does mean I have to maintain two full systems, updates, licences etc but if it is a far better solution, I'm happy to got with it.

Thanks

Mark

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom