Worried about auto updates messing up a $1.000.00 Laptop

C

cdm57

hello

about 4 years ago I had a Microsoft Windows 8 machine that did it auto update and when it did I had gotten caught in a boot loop and it would just reboot and reboot and then eventually I got the blue screen of death,

I could not get a resolution & tried everything from reverting to a previous date to reinstalling and removing the update nothing worked.

my Windows machine was beyond repair, so I bought a Chromebook and I've been using Google Chrome ever since.

however, I've had a couple of issues with Google and there's nobody to talk to so they have no phone support

I'm wondering if it's easier now with Microsoft and not only get phone support, but what are your feelings on the auto updating?

One time when I had an update years ago I was at work lifted my lid turned on my computer had my presentation in there and I had to wait 45 minutes for the update to complete before I can do my presentations I hate getting an update on Windows home 10 when I didn't ask for it.

I realize security updates are important

sometimes when I would get auto update, it would take an hour or more and I would wonder if I got stuck in update process because you don't know how long the process is going I don't know if that's now changed either.

I do know that a couple of updates that I did I had to press the power button and restart because it just got stuck and I had no idea it wasn't even updating

any advice would be appreciated

here is the link to some really serious windows updates I sure hope these are resolved.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom