Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?

H

hazymat

A number of posts have been made about this issue, and sadly Microsoft appear not to have addressed it.

This is the main, most useful description of what is happening, along with an unfortunate slew of responses that appear to completely miss the point: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seriously-how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltips-this/a53b30ad-734d-4f5d-950e-02be08055158?page=2

Within the above thread, which has of course been LOCKED and is not resolved, there are references to other posts.

The issue in hand, evidenced in the above, is that there is no way to turn off Windows taskbar tooltips which can get in the way of using applications, especially ones that have their own status bars or toolbars at the bottom.

A secondary issue is the BUG, where that tooltip lingers and doesn't disappear, which is of course intermittent.

Having used Windows since 98, I have to say I am very familiar with this bug AND the annoyance even when the bug is not present, and I'm honestly surprised by anyone calling themselves an MVP that they haven't experienced it themselves. The patience that Stevenasdsafsafsa3 has exhibited in his relaying of the problem and responding to Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20 is very impressive!

How do we campaign Microsoft to get this seemingly ancient bug and UI issue resolved?

How can MS faff around with the excellent Control Panel by slowing dismantling its very direct and useful functionality in favour of the most awful "Settings" system, when there are still BUGS that need to be resolved and UI elements that need to be worked on?

Rather than posting my own screenshot, I'll use one posted previously on this subject and on this forum.

Note: the BOTTOM black bar is this guy's Windows Taskbar. The stuff above it is the application he is using. You can see the tooltip getting in the way of his work. If you can't see this, or don't understand, or somehow cannot reproduce this problem, then I question whether you even use Windows as your main operating system, or perhaps you have a serious issue with not being observant. I have noticed this problem for two decades and it still is not fixed.

3064953e-26d2-4857-8e5f-277a75d73d7f?upload=true.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom