Windows 10 Installation Issue - "We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver."

N

NathanSmith999

Hello, all!

I recently purchased parts to build a new computer from scratch (parts list below), but now that it's time to install Windows 10, I'm having an issue. The installer starts up and gives me the option to pick my language and begin the installation, to put in a product key (which I have for Windows 10 Education), then to select whether to update Windows or to custom install it. I select the custom install option and am immediately taken to a new window that looks like an empty queue that normally would list drives and their capacities, with this message at the bottom: "We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver." From there, it lets me browse available drives for the relevant drivers, but apparently there are no drivers available to fix the issue. The drives it detects when browsing are the USB drive I am using to install Windows (which it calls the C drive) and another drive that it calls the X drive with what appear to be fairly typical Windows folders [Program Files, Windows, etc.], that I think may be the SSD I'm trying to install Windows onto).

Thus far I've replaced the SSD altogether with another new one, reseated the drive according to the manual that came with the motherboard, reinstalled the installation media onto the USB several times before trying a second USB to be sure, and unfortunately nothing has worked. I'm unsure but it seems that when I load up the motherboard's software to check for the SSD trough BIOS, it doesn't seem to appear there, but any USB drive I connect does.

I'm really at a loss as to how to fix this, and I would really appreciate any help y'all can offer. Thank you!

<> Parts List

- AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor

- ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

- Team MS30 256 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

- Thermaltake TR2 500 W ATX Power Supply

- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card- NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case

- No CD/DVD drive currently; I bought an external one but have not been able to use it yet

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom