So I've had the following build for about 1.5 years now:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • ASUS TUF X570-PLUS Gaming (WI-FI)
  • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHZ 2x8GB4
  • Corsair TX-M Series TX850M2 V2
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB)
  • Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB - 3.5

I performed a clean windows install when I first made the build in september 2019, had no issues for about a year. Since september this year I have been having issues with (varying, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQ... and others) BSOD occuring at random moments in time, ranging from once every few days to a few times every hour. I have been trying to figure out what has been causing it ever since.

For a list of what I tried:

• Tested my RAM with Memtest86 and found no issues, proceeded to reseat my RAM in other slots as well as using brand new RAM to replace it with: Issue not solved
  • Tried to perform a re-installation (with USB) after performing a secure erase on the SSD (HDD disconnected): Issue not solved AND errors seemed to be really persistent in appearing during the installation and afterwards during update/driver installation.
  • Sent Mobo/CPU back under warranty, they performed 'extensive testing' and could not find any issues with my hardware.
  • Tried using HDD instead of SSD: Problem still persistent, BSOD still appearing during the installation of Windows 10.
  • Had a quick look at my PSU with a multimeter: All crucial connections were almost spot on on their nominal voltage.
  • Now I managed to perform my install twice in a row without BSOD during the process but have had BSOD pop up when installing available updates and seems to be stubborn in not wanting to install the following update: KB4586781 (error code: 0x8007000d)

If any of you have any possible solutions to my problem, feel free to let me know, I've been breaking my head trying to find the culprit to my problem but cannot seem to single out the hardware component so far nor can I tell if it is anything driver/OS related.

UPDATE: KB4586781 finally managed to pass

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom