Cannot install Canon printer drivers

M

MarcAaronson

The scan function on my Canon Maxify 2120 stopped working on my wireless Dell laptop. I thought it was a driver problem but I was not able to install the Canon printer drivers because my printer "could not be found" even though it shows up as a printer in Windows 10 on my home network and I can print, but cannot scan. I called Canon support. For 1.5 hours we tried to install the drivers by disabling the firewalls (Norton and Defender) etc. We typed in the printer's IP address (192.168.1.11) in each of the browsers (Edge, Chrome and IE11) but it is blocked. Finally the Canon rep said it's a Microsoft issue. Then I was on the phone for another 1.5 hours with a Microsoft rep who basically went though the same steps. When she saw the printer IP address blocked she said I needed a Windows 10 "repair". But what seemed to happen was a complete download and install of Windows 10 because the entire process took several hours. However, the printer's IP address is still being blocked and I still cannot install the Canon printer drivers. Thank you in advance for your help.

Continue reading...