Why did Microsoft remove Movie Maker from Windows 10?

M

mr19th

Movie Maker might be a basic video editing program in past Windows versions, but it always helped to edit short, or long, videos. It had features that helped editing a video or making a quick slide show with added audio. Now I have the option to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 and lose Movie Maker or stay with Windows 7 and never get any upgrades.

The new video program with Window 10 is terrible. Why didn't they give us the option to keep the original Movie Maker from Windows 7, or have a version of it available to install into Windows 10? What would happen if they did the same with PowerPoint and when they upgrade to "Windows 11" cut PowerPoint from Windows? They would still have a version of it, but it wouldn't have most of the features and options as the one now. Would people be upset about no longer have PowerPoint as a program to make slide shows or presentations?

There has to be a way that Microsoft can make a version of Movie Maker to install into Windows 10. The new one in Windows 10 is like a kindergarten version of the one in Window 7. It does do video editing, but with barely any options like the original Movie Maker.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Sean

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom