OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file

• Thread starter Kimberley-Shirayuki-
  • Start date
K

Kimberley-Shirayuki-

This morning my mum seems to have had an update or similar come up related to Onedrive and she hit next without reading what it said.

From what I can tell this turned on the files on-demand option which I have now turned off.

She uses a desktop version of Outlook which has a rather large .pst data file in her documents. As this is such a large file I am uncertain if onedrive has managed to finish syncing for quite some time now.

After I turned files on-demand off lots of old files appeared on her desktop and it looks like something happened with the Outlook data file in her documents. When she opened outlook alot of the email folders she had made have vanished along with lots of emails as well. Her deleted folder only had items from 2018-19 inside.

I am worried that this files on-demand thing has taken her data file, not uploaded it to onedrive fully/correctly and then replaced it with the old backup from I assume 2018-19. When i right click the data files in her documents the only version history that comes up says 2018

Is there any way to fix this??

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom